Research Data Management (RDM)
Research data management (RDM) includes all activities with digital research data that ensure their permanent availability and comprehensibility. It refers to measures regarding proper data handling throughout the whole research data lifecyle – from planninig a research project, data collection and documentation, to storage, sharing and publication of research data. Good RDM practices should contribute to reusable research data that enables new, innovative research based on already existing information and should support traceability and verification of previous research results. When it comes to RDM, a so called Data Management Plan (DMP) is the method of choice. A DMP is a structured document that describes how research data will be handled during and after the project end.
- Website forschungsdaten.info
Comprehensive information about research data management on the website forschungsdaten.info
- Event Series “Research Data Management in Auastria”
The event series “Research Data Management in Austria” is aimed at researchers and / or people involved in research support and serves to promote networking and exchange on the topic of research data management, writing a data management plan and similar related topics. Below you find domain specific material (slides and videos) regarding Research Data Management:
- Hönegger, Lisa (9th March 2021). Research Data Management in the Social Sciences: RDM basics, challenges and support. [Presentation. Webinar for the event Research Data Management in Social Sciences]. Handle: 11353/10.1168878
- Medical University of Graz und BioTechMed-Graz (8th June 2021). Research Data Management (RDM) in the Life Sciences: From Writing DMPs to RDM Practices and RDM Support. [Slides. Research Data Management in the Life Sciences]. Handle: 11353/10.1206156
- Medical University of Graz und BioTechMed-Graz (8th June 2021). Research Data Management (RDM) in the Life Sciences: From Writing DMPs to RDM Practices and RDM Support. [Video. Research Data Management in the Life Sciences]. Handle: 11353/10.1202593
- Train-the-Trainer Concept on Research Data Management provided by FDMentor
The train-the-trainer program on research data management (RDM) comprises the aspects of research data management as well as didactic units on learning concepts, workshop design, and a range of didactic methods
Biernacka, Katarzyna, Bierwirth, Maik, Buchholz, Petra, Dolzycka, Dominika, Helbig, Kerstin, Neumann, Janna, … Wuttke, Ulrike. (2020). Train-the-Trainer Concept on Research Data Management (Version 3.0). Zenodo. http://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.4071471 (from p. 36 on)
- Research Data Management and Science Europe
- Practical Guide to the International Alignment of Research Data Management – Extended Edition provided by Science Europe
This resource offers targeted guidance for organisations, scientific communities, as well as individual researchers, to organise research data and preserve it appropriately. Originally released in 2019, and following its successful uptake by many organisations, the extended edition features a brand-new rubric to facilitate the evaluation of a data management plan (DMP). The guide also presents core requirements for DMPs, criteria for the selection of trustworthy repositories, and guidance for researchers to comply with organisational requirements.