Launch of FAIRiCube project
In July 1 2022, the Horizon project FAIRicube (F.A.I.R. information cube) will be launched.
The FAIRiCUBE project will pave the way for a crosscutting platform and framework for data ingestion, provision, analysis, processing, and dissemination, to unleash the potential of environmental, biodiversity and climate data through dedicated European data spaces.
In the project, focus will be on the development of tools that enable users who are not intimately familiar with the worlds of Earth Oberservation and machine learning to scope the requirements and costs of their desired analyses.
The Austrian Partner NHM Vienna will cubify its Biodiversity occurrence data and provide the basis for two specific use cases. One will contextualize primary data from physical museum objects with climatic, abiotic sensor data, and urbanization. The second use case is intended to prove postulated climatic and other influences on the genetic diversity of the model organism Drosophila.
FAIRiCUBE wants to
- enable players from beyond classic Earth Observation (EO) domains to provide, access, process, and share gridded data and algorithms in a FAIR and TRUSTable manner;
- leverage the power of Machine Learning (ML) operating on multi-thematic datacubes for a broader range of governance and research institutions from diverse fields, who at present cannot easily access and utilize these potent resources;
- illustrate selected use cases on how data-driven projects can benefit from cube formats, infrastructure, and computational benefits;
- create a user-friendly FAIRiCUBE HUB, which is tightly integrated to the common European data spaces;
- provide easy to use tools and workflows directly in the FAIRiCUBE HUB to foster FAIR sharing with the community.
Project facts in a nutshell
- Running Time: 36 months, starting 2022-07-01
- Project Lead: Norwegian Institute for Air Research (NILU), Dr. Stefan Jetschny
- Partners: SPACE4ENVIRONMENT SARL LU
Naturhistorisches Museum Wien AT
EOX IT SERVICES GMBH AT
JACOBS UNIVERSITY BREMEN GGMBH DE
STICHTING WAGENINGEN RESEARCH NL
EPSILON ITALIA SRL IT
4SFERA INNOVA SOCIEDAD LIMITADA ES
- Project website: under construction